central penn college unveils 10-week personal training certificate course
central penn college will launch a 10-week personal training certificate course that prepares students to pass the american college of sports medicine (acsm) certification exam. the cost for the noncredit, online course will be $900, which includes the $349 fee for the acsm exam.
“if you love going to the gym… learning new exercises… and have thought about becoming a personal trainer, then this course is for you,” said dr. matt casale, assistant professor, physical therapist assistant, at the college.
acsm certification is often a prerequisite to teach classes at a gym or health club. in addition, certified personal trainers are more likely to be hired by individuals and groups than non-certified practitioners.
the acsm exam requires students to answer 150 questions in two-and-a-half hours. “this is a tough, comprehensive exam that covers anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, nutrition and other health-related topics,” said casale. “our personal training course thoroughly prepares students to pass this exam, and they’ll also have an instructor to answer their questions and guide them through the detailed material.”
during this 10-week personal training course, students will gain an increased level of competence with:
- a core focus on body sciences – anatomy, physiology and kinesiology
- personal trainer certification preparation
- client intake and assessment, fitness screening and design of personal fitness programs
- motivational techniques, goal setting and long-term sustainability of health habits
- all subjects covered by the acsm exam
personal training certificate details
- length: 10 weeks
- format: online
- start date: jan. 4, 2021
- instructor: an acsm-approved faculty member
- cost: $900, including the $349 acsm exam fee
to learn more or to register, go to: www.cz-aihua.com/ptc.